Shopify Merchant Installation Guide
- Please create a merchant account by signing up for Tensile at this link: https://merchant.tensilepayments.com/signup
- Once you sign up, please work with support to finish the KYC process and be provisioned production API credentials
- to confirm if you have any production API credentials, click "Developer" on the menu or navigate to https://merchant.tensilepayments.com/dashboard/developer and click on the "Production" tab
- Click into a listed production app to view and copy production API credentials, we'll be using them in Step 3!
You can click on the Client ID or Secret value to copy each value
- You can find our Shopify app at https://apps.shopify.com/tensile_payments_app
- Note, you can click on "View demo store" to go through a demo checkout flow. Refer to step 4 for instructions on testing the checkout flow properly
- Click "Add app" and log into your store to finish the installation process
Click "Add app" to install the app
- If you're prompted to click "Connect," please do so then click "Install app"
- Once installation is complete, paste your production API credentials from step 1 and click "Save"
- For now, leave the box checked for "Enable test mode" and click "Activate Tensile Payments"
- You should then receive a confirmation message on the screen saying the app is activated
- Tensile should show up as a payment option during checkout now, but note that the change is live and public on your store as long as the plugin is enabled
- Clicking "Complete order" should trigger the Tensile Checkout App to load. Note, you'll need to create a new customer account to test the checkout flow, or you can log into an account if you already have one
- To complete checkout, you'll need to create a customer login during checkout, or you can reuse one if you've made one before
- To link a bank account in Test Mode, you can choose any bank and use the credentials "user_good" as the username and "pass_good" as the password
- At the order review screen, click "Pay" to complete checkout and be rerouted back to the store
- To test "Live Mode" with a real ACH transfer, you'll need to disable "Test Mode"
- In the admin view of your store, click on Settings (lower-left corner) > Payments (left side) > then "Manage" within the Tensile Payments app box
Click "Manage" to enter app settings
- Uncheck the box for "Enable Test Mode" before you save your changes
- The Tensile Checkout App should now load in Live Mode enabled for real ACH payments