WooCommerce Merchant Installation Guide
- Please create a merchant account by signing up for Tensile at this link: https://merchant.tensilepayments.com/signup
- Once logged in, click "Developer" on the menu or navigate to https://merchant.tensilepayments.com/dashboard/developer
- Click "Add Application" and fill out details to receive sandbox credentials. Note "Webhook Url" is optional.
- Copy or save your credentials, we'll be using them in Step 3!
- From Wordpress/WooCommerce navigate to Plugins > Add New > Search for "Tensile Payments" > Click on "Tensile Payments for WooCommerce" > Click on "Install and activate"
- You should then receive a confirmation screen that the plugin was installed successfully
- Navigate to "Manage Plugins" or "Installed Plugins" once app is installed
- Find the "Tensile Payments" plugin and click "Configure" to be taken to the app settings page
Click "Configure" to go to app settings
- You can optionally update "Title," "Description" and "Instructions"
- Make sure "Enable Test Mode" remains checked
- Don't worry about fields for "Sandbox API Endpoint," "Sandbox Checkout App Url," "API Endpoint," and "Checkout App Url" if they're already filled in
- Paste your Sandbox Client ID and Secret from Step 1 and click "Save changes"
Paste your sandbox credentials then click "Save changes"
- Don't worry about Live Client ID and Live Client Secret until you have production API credentials
- Tensile should show up as a payment option during checkout now, but note that the change is live and public on your store as long as the plugin is enabled
- Note, to change the order of where Tensile appears as a payment method, you can navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments, set the order, and click "Save changes"
- Those that checkout with Tensile will be doing so in "Test Mode," so transactions will not be real
- Clicking "Place order" should trigger the Tensile Checkout App to load
- To complete checkout, you'll need to create a customer login during checkout, or you can reuse one if you've made one before
- To link a bank account in Test Mode, you can choose any bank and use the credentials "user_good" as the username and "pass_good" as the password
- At the order review screen, click "Pay" to complete checkout and be rerouted back to the store
- Once you go through our KYC process and are provisioned production API credentials, you can log into the merchant app and copy the credentials to paste into the WooCommerce app settings page
- Make sure you uncheck the box for "Enable Test Mode" before you save your changes
- The Tensile Checkout App should now load in Live Mode enabled for real ACH payments